Keeping your children safe online
What school does to help
We are able to support you to keep your children safe online at home.
Each year, we hold a meeting and workshop for parents to keep you informed about how to keep your children safe online.
Resources for Children
We teach Online Safety as part of our curriculum for all year groups. We have a Pupil Online Safety page on the website here
Advice and Support
If you want advice at any other time, you are invited to make an appointment with our ICT Computing Lead, or ICT Computing Teaching Assistant for support with issues such as parental controls, online gaming, or social media concerns.
School Online Safety policy
We have a school Online Safety Policy and an Anti-Cyberbullying Policy that includes all the ways we work to keep children safe online.
Click on the links below to download a copy
Reporting Harmful Content
If you are worried about something you or your family see or experience online, then the following websites will help you to report it to the right people.
Useful Resources for Parents and Families
- Internet Matters: Helping parents keep their children safe online – https://www.internetmatters.org/
- Childnet – resources for parents: https://www.childnet.com/parents-and-carers/
- Common Sense Media: App and media reviews and guidance – https://www.commonsensemedia.org/
- UK Safer Internet Center: Helping young people stay safe online – https://saferinternet.org.uk/guide-and-resource/parents-and-carers
- BBC Own It: help kids make the most of their lives online – https://www.bbc.com/ownit/curations/parents –
- Digiduck Stories for 3-7-year-oldshttps://www.childnet.com/resources/digiduck-stories/
- NSPCC: Online safety guides for parents – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/#guides
- Parent Zone: We’re working towards a safer digital world of opportunities. – https://parentzone.org.uk/
- LGfL Parent Safe: Keeping your children safe: online & beyond – https://parentsafe.lgfl.net/
- Get Safe Online: Safeguarding Children – https://www.getsafeonline.org/personal/article-category/safeguarding-children/
- Think U Know Parents: – https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
- CEOP: https://ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/